This recipe is from the series – Turkey/Chicken Leftovers Challenge
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 thinly sliced Onion
- 3 tsp Curry Powder
- 1 tsp Garam Masala
- 1 pinch of Salt
- 4 Cloves of Garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 Tbsp grated Ginger
- ½ cup water
- 2 cups shredded leftover chicken or turkey
- 1 can Chickpeas rinsed and drained
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- Heat oil in 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat add onion and spices. Cook until onion browns. Stir in garlic and ginger and cook until fragrant (about 30 seconds).
- Stir in water, meat, chickpeas, peas, raisins and coconut milk. Cook, stirring frequently, until heated through
- Remove from heat and stir in cilantro.
- Serve over basmati rice.