This recipe goes in the series – Turkey/Chicken Leftovers Challenge
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 small or one large diced Onion
- 3 cloves of minced Garlic
- 1-5 (depending on desided heat level) Jalapeno peppers, diced
- 3 tsp dried Cumin
- 1 tsp dried Oregano
- 2 cans of beans – your choice – I used White Kidney and Pinto (drained and rinsed)
- 2 cups chicken or veg broth
- 1/2 cup rice – I threw in about a cup of leftover coconut rice.
- 2 cups leftover chicken or turkey meat
- 1/2 cup fresh Cilantro, chopped
- cheese and sour cream to garnish, if you wish
- Heat olive oil in a large pan over med heat. Add onion and garlic and cook until transparent. Add jalapeno peppers, cumin and oregano and cook for 5 min.
- Add beans and broth and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to simmer, add rice and cook until sauce thickens and rice is cooked (aprox 10-15min). Stir in chicken or turkey leftovers and continue to cook until heated through.
- Remove from heat. Add cilantro. Serve in bowls topped with cheese and sour cream.