Bonjourno my friends! Welcome to another delicious recipe blog post! Today we are tackling the frustrating conflict we have with our frenemy: white carbohydrates ! We all hate to admit it, but our favorite foods: pizza, spaghetti, and good ol’ PB+J are full of bleached flours and lacking in essential fibre and nutrients. To make matters worse, 1 in every 133 people suffer from celiac disease: a gluten allergy that creates an immune-mediated toxic reaction that causes damage to the small intestine and does not allow food to be properly absorbed. Call me stubborn (most do) but, I refuse to go without! I have found a pizza alternative that tastes delicious and every carnivore will love! Sorry vegans and vegetarians, in case you haven’t guessed by the title of this post, this recipe has meat in it. We call it: Meat-zza!
- 1lb lean ground beef, browned
- 2 cups daiya mozzarella cheese
- cornmeal – if crisp crust is desired
- 1 cup pizza sauce
- nitrate-free pepperoni
- … whatever toppings you like on your pizza (artichokes, sun-dried tomatoes, olives, avocado, chicken, I don’t judge! But if it tastes good – share it with the world in the comments section!)
- Preheat oven to 350’f
- In a med size bowl, mix browned beef and 1 cup of cheese.
- Line a round baking pan with parchment papper and dust with cornmeal. Spread beefy-chesse mixture on top.
- Add pizza sauce, remaining cheese and toppings
- Bake for 25 mins
- Remove from oven, slice and serve with a pie server, if you have one. The one drawback (which I am working on) is that this pizza needs to be eaten with a fork and knife as it does get messy! In fact, don’t think of it as a drawback… think of yourself a gourmet pizza connoisseur who wouldn’t dare touch your food with your hands.